Financial Executives International Scholarship Award
Scholarship Award Application Information and Procedures
The Colorado Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI), a leading organization whose mission is the advancement of senior financial executives,
their organizations, and the profession, is offering scholarships to accounting and finance majors from nationally accredited colleges and
universities in Colorado. Nominations are made through the school’s department head or chair. Four awards, including $2,500 each, will be given
Awards may be given to both undergraduate and graduate students. Nominated students must be continuing students rather than graduating students. Each award recipient must have at least one year or two semesters (or where applicable, three quarters) remaining in their program. Preference will be given to undergraduate students completing their junior year and entering their senior year and students in a 5-year master’s program.
The accounting or finance departments at the respective universities may recommend two students for consideration for each Award year. The criteria for selecting the students are as follows:
1. Students who have performed well academically, with a minimum of 3.5 average in both the overall cumulative and major grade point average, and
2. Students who have demonstrated potential leadership and problem-solving skills.
To be considered complete, an application shall include the following information:
1. A completed application form, signed by the student
2. A one-page letter by students applying for the awards describing their exemplary leadership and problem solving skills with support examples
3. Student resume
4. A statement of endorsement from a faculty mentor for each student. The statement must include the student’s specific awards and achievements other than academic honor roll as well as the faculty mentor’s view on what differentiates the candidate on campus and in the community -- with supporting examples. The faculty mentor should also address integrity, work ethic and character for each candidate
Application deadline and other important dates:
The deadline for 2017 applications is April 15, 2017. Applicants and their faculty representative will be notified by the Academic Relations Committee by the end of April, 2017. The award recipients and their faculty advisors will be invited to the May FEI dinner to be held on May 18, 2017 at the Denver Athletic Club to receive the awards.
All applications should be sent to the following:
Financial Executives International
Academic Relations Committee