Membership benefits and services you can take advantage of
By joining the Colorado Chapter of more than 200 Financial Executive International members, you will be connected to more than 15,000 financial executives nationwide.
Deciding to join FEI Colorado means you're making a sound investment, in both your business and your career. Join your peers who come to FEI for networking with the best in the business, knowledge that saves them time and helps them work smarter, advocacy for their interests and ethical leadership that sets the standard for the profession.
FEI's members take advantage of these benefits:
- Effective peer networking – FEI's members compare best practices with other top financial executives. They network at national conferences and chapter meetings. They connect with other members using our online member directory.
- Current information on emerging business topics impacting business leaders – FEI members have special access to a single-point source of financial news, information and expertise at financialexecutives.org. Our e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences help you stay on top of the latest in finance best practices, news & research. Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF), our independent research affiliate for FEI, identifies, develops and provides leading edge, practical content through objective research to FEI members.
- Support advocacy for corporate finance – FEI is the authoritative voice of corporate finance. FEI provides a corporate perspective to Congress, the SEC, FASB and IASB. We monitor and report on a wide range of public policy issues affecting financial executives. FEI's eight technical committees help develop positions and statements that affect the financial climate in which you do business.
- Enhance your career opportunities – The career center at www.financialexecutives.org includes executive-level job listings, a resume bank where members can post at no cost, expert advice on resume development, Board Director opportunities and more. Find out how your compensation and benefits compare to your peers through our surveys and studies. Download our easily searchable spreadsheet of executive search firms. Our CareerTrax newsletter include helpful tips and in-depth articles. All this is free to FEI members.
- Access Professional Development opportunities and earn CPE credit – Our monthly chapter dinners provide the opportunity to earn up to 30 hours of CPE throughout the year. You can also earn CPE credit through FEI’s in-person conferences, webcasts and the online CPE Center.
FEI Colorado Monthly Chapter Meetings
FEI Colorado offers nine dinner meetings every year. These meetings occur on the third Thursday of the month at the Denver Athletic Club. Attendance at these meetings is free with your FEI Colorado membership. These meetings offer:
- Peer-to-peer networking opportunities, including a free cocktail hour to network and mingle with other FEI members and Strategic Partners;
- Informative dinner presentations that include wine, great food and the opportunity to earn one hour of CPE;
- Two Professional Development Sessions prior to dinner, each eligible for one hour of CPE (that’s a total of three hours of CPE available each month);
- Opportunity to bring up to two guests qualified for FEI membership to each meeting;
- 30+ hours of CPE available during the year at no extra cost.
FEI provides professional development opportunities—and opportunities to earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits—through live, in-person conferences, webcasts and the online CPE Center, which offers more than 500 titles and thousands of credit hours. You can access credits locally at monthly FEI Colorado Chapter Meetings or through National. With your member login and password you will be able to track your CPE credits easily and efficiently on the FEI website. Topics range from general finance to specific industry issues and cover emerging trends, regulatory and standards developments, leadership skills and job search skills.
Live Conferences - Each year, FEI presents several national conferences, as well as smaller, more focused events, and all are designed to help meet CPE requirements. FEI's Annual Leadership Summit delivers a rich, content-driven program featuring top-flight speakers, cogent topics of critical interest to the financial community and a relevant multi-track format. Current Financial Reporting Issues Conference (CFRI) features a comprehensive year-end update on SEC requirements and rules proposals, FASB rulings and accounting changes, and other key developments affecting external financial reporting. Washington Policy Conference brings together key business and government leaders who will provide insight into the policy questions facing senior-level financial executives and their companies.
Webcasts are designed around members' convenience and deliver important and timely information on an ongoing basis, so that participants never have to leave their office! Subjects can range from decision making, corporate strategy, the newest FASB pronouncement or SEC rule, the role of the CFO or treasurer, making IT decisions, managing and motivating and much more.
Financial Executive CPE Program - Earn up to 20 credits per year for reading issues of Financial Executive. When reading each issue, members can go to the CPE tracker to review the content, take the test online and earn 2 credits per issue. FERFPros Online - Offers FEI members access to unlimited online CPE credits. These high quality, innovative courses comprise 240 hours of content, offering a wide selection of topics and themes. FERFPros Advantage - An annual subscription of multi-media and text driven "skills-based" courses featuring hundreds of course titles, at 1-5 credit hours each, for one low price. FERF Executive Reports - Provide in depth analysis on experiences of senior financial executives regarding timely issues such as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and management reports on internal controls. Test your knowledge of the reports online at the CPE tracker and earn 2 credits per report.
FEI offers many opportunities to get involved. Join one of our committees to share your time and talents with our Colorado chapter. Click here to see all of our volunteer opportunities.
FEI National provides a broad range of career services as a benefit to its members and much of it is accessible online. Services include executive-level job listings, a resume bank where members can post at no cost, expert advice on resume development, Board Director opportunities and more. Find out how your compensation and benefits compare to your peers through our surveys and studies. Download our easily searchable spreadsheet of executive search firms. Our CareerTrax newsletter include helpful tips and in-depth articles. FEI Colorado also offers Career Management resources including local job postings, recruiter contact information, and an Executives in Transition workshop for members who are preparing for their next career move. We also offer our bi-monthly Business Breakfast Series, which offer the opportunity to network with other FEI members and professionals while hearing from experts on current business topics.
FEI has a strong presence on LinkedIn, the online network of more than 20 million professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries. Joining the FEI National and Local Groups on LinkedIn and Facebook allows members to virtually connect with other FEI members and contacts, accelerate careers and business through member referrals, and gain access to robust professional profiles of FEI Group members.
For the latest industry news check out the headline section of FEI's home page where you'll keep current with recent developments impacting financial executives. Included are notices of the release of proposed and final rulemakings of FASB, IASB, SEC and PCAOB and key legislative and finance updates.
The Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF) provides downloadable, leading-edge content developed through objective, independent research and practical insights into key financial topics impacting financial executives.
FEI offers several newsletters. FEI Express is where members find out on a weekly basis the latest scoop on industry trends, regulatory updates, and technical issues. FEI Express comes in two versions: Public and Private. FEI Executive Edge is monthly e-newsletter that will keep you up-to-date with current professional development events and CPE opportunities. IOU – Insights, Observations and Updates from K Street to Wall Street is a quarterly e-newsletter offering members insights, observations and updates from K Street to Wall Street.
Our FEI Colorado site also offers a members-only directory so you can easily connect into Colorado’s financial executive community.
FEI has gained a reputation for being a widely-influential voice on behalf of financial executives before the U.S. SEC, FASB, PCAOB, IASB, and the U.S. Congress on issues related to corporate financial accounting and reporting and business policy. Through the efforts of FEI's advocacy and policy committees and its governmental affairs team (located in our Washington, D.C. office) FEI closely monitors regulations and legislation on corporate taxation, pensions and health care, government contracting, the federal budget and international issues.
Past credits include delays in FIN48, Accounting for Uncertainty in Income Taxes for private companies; impacting changes to the auditing requirements for internal control reporting under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to ensure that they were not overly burdensome to FEI members and their employees; as well as contributing to the development of the SEC's Advisory Committee on Improving Financial Reporting; and impacting pension and AMT reform.
- FEI Connect: A new resource from FEI National that will provide a community forum for sharing information among all FEI National members.
- FEI TV: The Internet Television Network of Financial Executives International. It provides best practices, case studies and corporate financial management research to more than 25,000 CFOs, treasurers, controllers and senior financial executives.
- Hall of Fame: Dedicated CFOs and senior financial executives are at the core of our success and this prestigious honor provides the profession and FEI with the opportunity to applaud those individuals with a career history of strong leadership, ethics and innovation—values that are at the core of FEI's purpose. Hall of Fame inductees are celebrated annually in formal, black-tie fashion at the Hall of Fame Gala.
- FEI Health Plans: A health insurance program is available to FEI members through JLBG Health. Members can obtain major medical insurance coverage through Assurant Health, the nation's leading provider of individual and group medical insurance.
- FEI Auto and Home Insurance Plans: FEI members can save on auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual's Group Savings Plus® program. This program allows members to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at discounted group rates.
Learn more at the FEI National website.