FEI Colorado Chapter Meetings will be held every third Thursday of the month from September 2010 through May 2011.
Upcoming CM Meetings
If you'd like to be added to the Career Management email list, please use the Contact Form and we'll add you right away.
Upcoming Career Management meetings:
- Jan 4 - meeting will be held at Aurther Gallagher, 303 E 17th Avenue, Ste 600,
Denver, CO 80203. Topic: Resumes. What is the employer looking for on your resume? What sets your resume apart from the others? A well written resume might not land you a job, but a poorly written resume can prevent you from getting one. Unless you are already in the door at a company, thanks to a successful bit of networking and a great recommendation, your resume might be the only means of assessment that the hiring manager has. Today’s discussion will highlight a few less-than-well-known ideas for what to include and emphasize in your resume.
- Jan 18 - meeting will be held at Aurther Gallagher, 303 E 17th Avenue, Ste 600,
Denver, CO 80203. Topic: Interviews, part one of two: How to deliver what the employer is seeking. What is on the employer’s mind during the interview? During this session, we will focus on key points - which are frequently overlooked by candidates - to be cognizant of during interviews.
- Feb 1 - meeting will be held at Bernstein, 1225 17th St # 2900
Denver, CO 80202. Topic: Interviews, part two of two: Meeting the employer’s needs. This essential session highlights the importance of company research prior to your interview, and how to effectively customize your answers for specific situations. Please be prepared for an engaging all-inclusive group activity.
- Feb 15 - meeting will be held at EKS&H, 7979 E. Tufts Ave, Ste 400, Denver CO 80237-2843. Topic: Body Language. You make your feelings known without realizing it, and hiring decisions are made within minutes. How your mannerisms, tone, and other non-verbal cues can help or hinder your odds of landing a great job.
- March 1 - Location: TBA. Topic: Salary Negotiations; part one of two. From the employer’s perspective, you are a guaranteed cost and your contributions are indeterminate. During this session, we will talk about the methodology behind developing your value to the employer as well as advice for subsequent salary negotiations.
- March 15 - Location: TBA. Topic: Salary Negotiations; part two of two. From the employer’s perspective, you are a guaranteed cost and your contributions are indeterminate. During this session, we will talk about the methodology behind developing your value to the employer as well as advice for subsequent salary negotiations.
- April 12 & 26
- May 10 & 24
- June 14 & 28
- July 12 & 26
- Aug 9 & 23
- Sep 13 & 27
- Oct 11 & 25
- Nov 15 & 29
- Dec 13
Please RSVP for these meetings to Debbie Reece. The meeting locations rotate - emails are sent prior to each meeting detailing the location, speaker and topic.
To browse the current job postings, click here.