FEI Colorado Chapter Meetings will be held every third Thursday of the month from September 2010 through May 2011.
Membership benefits you can take advantage of include:
- Member Benefits and Services
While much has changed in the past 75 years, FEI hasn't strayed far from its original purpose, shifting only to reflect the particular challenges of each era of our country's history. And certainly the 21st Century couldn't be more demanding and challenging for financial executives and your peers around the globe. It is, in fact, during such times of economic and global uncertainty that FEI benefits are most valuable and visible -- from obtaining critical knowledge on emerging regulations, to networking with peers, to tapping FEI's knowledge base for career assistance.
FEI members have always been dedicated to the advancement of their chosen profession and the enrichment of their own careers. FEI is a unique forum for financial executives to: network and share best practices; engage in knowledge building conferences and seminars; be represented in critical national and global policy debates; and be aligned with a culture that fosters ethical leadership.
No doubt, FEI offers its members incomparable value. But, FEI also offers members an opportunity to give back to the profession that gives them so much. This give-and-take relationship between and among members of FEI is present at many levels, from local Chapter meetings to conferences to online discussion-based forums. Nearly every FEI activity provides opportunities for you to take what you need, and to give what you know. That is the strength and endurance of FEI participation.
- FEI Chapters
In addition to national membership, you will join the Colorado Chapter of FEI. Chapter participation provides opportunities to interact with peers at monthly meetings and professional development seminars to discuss topics of professional and personal interest.
Information about local Chapters can be accessed online at www.financialexecutives.org/chapters. Simply select the appropriate Chapter from the map or view the complete listing. Each individual Chapter's website contains current details on meeting information and local events.
- Professional Development
FEI provides professional development opportunities — and opportunities to earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits—through live, in-person conferences and webcasts. Featuring keynote addresses and roundtable discussions from industry luminaries, FEI delivers quality programming relevant to today's senior financial executives. Topics range from general finance to specific industry issues and cover emerging trends, regulatory and standards developments, leadership skills and job search skills.
- FEI's Annual Leadership Summit delivers a rich, content-driven program featuring top-flight speakers, cogent topics of critical interest to the financial community and a relevant multi-track format. With an innovative, timely agenda and new venue yearly, this premier conference brings together FEI leaders, members and nonmembers.
- Current Financial Reporting Issues Conference (CFRI) features a comprehensive year-end update on SEC requirements and rules proposals, FASB rulings and accounting changes, and other key developments affecting external financial reporting. CFRI has become a must attend annual event.
- Washington Policy Conference brings together key business and government leaders who will provide insight into the policy questions facing senior-level financial executives and their companies. Topics include prospects for tax reform and impacts on America's competitiveness, discussion on both business risks and opportunities on the horizon, the impact of new legislation and regulations currently being debated, and a U.S. fiscal and monetary policy outlook from the Office of Management and Budget and the Federal Reserve.
- Webcasts are designed around members' convenience and deliver important and timely information on an ongoing basis, so that participants never have to leave their office! Subjects can range from decision making, corporate strategy, the newest FASB pronouncement or SEC rule, the role of the CFO or treasurer, making IT decisions, managing and motivating and much more. And most of these virtual events are complimentary for FEI members.
- Financial Executive magazine
Financial Executive is the award-winning flagship publication of FEI, providing senior-level financial executives financial, business and management news, trends and strategies to help them work better, faster and smarter.
With articles that cover a wide variety of issues, from expert sources and peers, Financial Executive helps readers shape corporate financial management practices and improve decision-making, productivity and performance. As an FEI member, you receive a yearly subscription to this publication as part of your membership benefits. Published 10 times a year, Financial Executive covers professional, strategic and technological practices and developments that affect financial executives' day-today and longer-term issues, reflecting the financial executive's increasing involvement in the general management of their companies. Content provides both the U.S. and global points of view and highlights best practices, developments and individuals from the international business scene.
- Career Services
FEI provides a broad range of career services as a benefit to its members and much of it is accessible online. This service is coordinated and supported by national staff and encompass many valuable components to assist you.
Don't forget to check out the local job postings too!
- Virtual Networking
FEI has a strong presence on LinkedIn, the online network of more than 20 million professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries. Joining the FEI National and Local Groups on LinkedIn and Facebook allows members to virtually connect with other FEI members and contacts, accelerate careers and business through member referrals, and gain access to robust professional profiles of FEI Group members.
- Hall of Fame
The FEI Hall of Fame has become a tradition and a legacy for the finance profession. Dedicated CFOs and senior financial executives are at the core of our success and this prestigious honor provides the profession and FEI with the opportunity to applaud those individuals with a career history of strong leadership, ethics and innovation—values that are at the core of FEI's purpose.
Hall of Fame inductees are celebrated annually in formal, black-tie fashion at the Hall of Fame Gala. This esteemed event serves as public recognition for the inductees' accomplishments, as well as a fundraising endeavor benefiting the Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF).
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Center
FEI delivers convenient sources for gaining CPE credits that are comprehensive and opportune. You can access credits locally at Professional Development Sessions or through National. With more than 500 titles and thousands of credit hours, FEI members can access programming in the CPE Center for free, or in some cases at a discounted rate. With your member login and password you will be able to track your CPE credits easily and efficiently on the FEI website.
- FERFPros Online - Offers FEI members access to unlimited online CPE credits by subscribing to this program. These high quality, innovative courses comprise 240 hours of content, offering a wide selection of topics and themes.
- FERFPros Advantage - An annual subscription of multi-media and text driven "skills-based" courses featuring hundreds of course titles, at 1-5 credit hours each, for one low price. Choose from categories including accounting and auditing, financial planning, consulting, management, computer applications, taxation and more, with unlimited access to the entire catalog.
- Financial Executive CPE Program - Earn up to 20 credits per year for reading issues of Financial Executive. When reading each issue, members can go to the CPE tracker to review the content, take the test online and earn 2 credits per issue.
- FERF Executive Reports - Provide in depth analysis on experiences of senior financial executives regarding timely issues such as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and management reports on internal controls. Test your knowledge of the reports online at the CPE tracker and earn 2 credits per report.
- Webcasts - CPE credits can be earned by participating in FEI educational webcasts, which cover critical and timely topics presented by leading subject matter experts. Topics range from general management to accounting, auditing, taxation and personal development.
- Live Conferences - Each year, FEI presents several national conferences, as well as smaller, more focused events, and all are designed to help meet CPE requirements.
- Connected on financialexecutives.org
For the latest industry news check out the headline section of FEI's home page where you'll keep current with recent developments impacting financial executives. Included are notices of the release of proposed and final rulemakings of FASB,
IASB, SEC and PCAOB and key legislative and finance updates. Also provided are proprietary, "members-only" detailed summaries of proposals and final rules, summaries of board meetings and open commission meetings, so you can gain the "inside story" of developments impacting your company and your specific situation. This unique content is available as a benefit to FEI members, as a login and password is required to view detailed summaries. News changes on a daily basis, and it's suggested you check back often and/or bookmark FEI's home page.
- FEI Express is where members find out on a weekly basis the latest scoop on industry trends, regulatory updates, and technical issues. FEI Express comes in two versions: Public and Private. Read by 16,000 of the industry's top financial executives, FEI members can subscribe to the public edition, the private edition, or both.
- FEI Executive Edge is monthly e-newsletter that will keep you up-to-date with current professional development events and CPE opportunities.
- IOU – Insights, Observations and Updates from K Street to Wall Street is a quarterly e-newsletter offering members insights, observations and updates from K Street to Wall Street.
- FEI TV
FEI TV is the Internet Television Network of Financial Executives International. It provides best practices, case studies and corporate financial management research to more than 25,000 CFOs, treasurers, controllers and senior financial executives.
FEI has gained a reputation for being a widely-influential voice on behalf of financial executives before the U.S. SEC, FASB, PCAOB, IASB, and the U.S. Congress on issues related to corporate financial accounting and reporting and business policy. Through the efforts of FEI's advocacy and policy committees and its governmental affairs team (located in our Washington, D.C. office) FEI closely monitors regulations and legislation on corporate taxation, pensions and health care, government contracting, the federal budget and international issues. Past credits include delays in FIN48, Accounting for Uncertainty in Income Taxes for private companies; impacting changes to the auditing requirements for internal control reporting under Section 404 of the
Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to ensure that they were not overly burdensome to FEI members and their employees; as well as contributing to the development of the SEC's Advisory Committee on Improving Financial Reporting; and impacting pension and AMT reform.
- FEI Health Plans
A health insurance program is available to FEI members through JLBG Health. Members can obtain major medical insurance coverage through Assurant Health, the nation's leading provider of individual and group medical insurance.
FEI Health Plans offers the following benefits for individuals and families, employees and students Short-Term Medical/Temporary Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Arrangements.
- FEI Auto and Home Insurance Plans
FEI members can save on auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual's Group Savings Plus® program. This program allows members to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at discounted group rates. Program features include discount off Liberty Mutual's standard rates, convenient payment options- including electronic funds transfer or direct bill at home, individualized service from local representatives and guaranteed rates for 12 months and highly rated
By joining the Colorado Chapter of more than 200 Financial Executive International members, you will be connected to more than 15,000 financial executives nationwide. Deciding to join FEI Colorado means you're making a sound investment, in both your business and your career. Join your peers who come to FEI for networking with the best in the business, knowledge that saves them time and helps them work smarter, advocacy for their interests and ethical leadership that sets the standard for the profession. FEI's members take advantage of these benefits:
Effective peer networking – FEI's members compare best practices with other top financial executives. They network at national conferences and chapter meetings. They connect with other members using our online member directory.
Understanding emerging issues – FEI saves you time by delivering insights on emerging issues directly to your desktop. Our e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences help you stay on top of the latest in finance best practices, news & research.
Support advocacy for corporate finance – FEI is the authoritative voice of corporate finance. FEI provides a corporate perspective to Congress, the SEC, FASB and IASB. We monitor and report on a wide range of public policy issues affecting financial executives. FEI's eight technical committees help develop positions and statements that affect the financial climate in which you do business.
Access to timely, leading edge information and tools at www.financialexecutives.org – FEI members have special access to a single-point source of financial news, information and expertise. At www.financialexecutives.org, you can earn CPE credits, read Financial Executive magazine online, access our member directory, subscribe to our newsletters, use our career management tools. We deliver the information you need in a fast and friendly format.
Enhance your career opportunities – Through the career center at www.financialexecutives.org includes executive-level job listings, a resume bank where members can post at no cost, expert advice on resume development, Board Director opportunities and more. Find out how your compensation and benefits compare to your peers through our surveys and studies. Download our easily searchable spreadsheet of executive search firms. Our CareerTrax newsletter include helpful tips and in-depth articles. All this is free to FEI members.
Relevant research from Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF) – our independent research affiliate for FEI identifies, develops and provides leading edge, practical content through objective research to FEI members. FERF has an online search service for members and provides reports and e-newsletters that are free with your FEI membership.